Migrating Parcel Fabric Data from File Geodatabase to SDE

Jump to solution
09-03-2020 10:46 AM
CraigPrisland2
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to migrate our Parcel Fabric data that is currently in a File Geodatabase into SDE.  When I try and copy the feature dataset from the File Geodatabase into SDE I am getting the following error.  I have also tried creating a new feature dataset in SDE and moving the data that way as well with no success.  Has anyone ever encountered this in the past?  If so, what was their solution?  Thanks in advance.

Craig

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CraigPrisland2
New Contributor III

I was able to successfully copy the data from the file geodatabase to SDE by exporting the schema and data out of the file geodatabase as an XML Workspace Document and then import it into SDE with the XML file.

Craig

View solution in original post

6 Replies
KenGalliher1
Esri Contributor

Hi Craig,

Can you let me know the following:

- SQL Server version  (2014, 2017, etc.)

- ArcGIS Pro version  (2.4, 2.6.1, etc.)

- Geodatabase version (10.7, 10.8, etc.)

- Version of the parcel fabric being copied in.  This can be found in the parcel fabric properties pane.

There are a couple of things that jumped out at me in the error message although I can't reproduce the error.

The first one is the length of the fully qualified table name.  In SQL Server geodatabases, the table name can be 128 characters long but the alias can only be 31.  If possible, try a shorter data owner name.  Or better, a shorter database name and owner name.

Enterprise geodatabase size and name limits—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

The username has the word "admin" in it.  Make sure there are no elevated database or server privileges associated to that user such as sysadmin or DBO.

Create a parcel fabric—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

My last observation is the version of the SQL Server ODBC client.  The ODBC 17 client is the latest.  Try installing this and copying the fabric again.

Download ODBC Driver for SQL Server - SQL Server | Microsoft Docs 

Thanks,

Ken

0 Kudos
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Craig,

Since there are many issues that can be related to DBMS (driver, version, permissions...) it might be a good idea to contact technical support.

They can have a close look at your system and data while we can only guess.

However, when you find the cause, it would be great if you share it with everybody.

0 Kudos
CraigPrisland2
New Contributor III

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback.  I will be testing these out later this week and will post any resolutions that I discover.

Craig

CraigPrisland2
New Contributor III

I was able to successfully copy the data from the file geodatabase to SDE by exporting the schema and data out of the file geodatabase as an XML Workspace Document and then import it into SDE with the XML file.

Craig

AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

Was this a 'Parcel Fabric for ArcMap' (the old) or the new Parcel Fabric in Pro?

0 Kudos
CraigPrisland2
New Contributor III

This was the old Parcel Fabric for ArcMap.

Craig

0 Kudos