Loading existing parcel polygon feature class to parcel fabric

Jump to solution
06-07-2021 09:13 AM
boyangw
New Contributor

Hi,

Today is my first day learning Parcel Fabric in Pro. I created a feature dataset for new parcel fabric and added a new parcel type. Then, I appended my existing parcel polygon feature class to the new feature class and ran Create Parcel Records tool. Now I do see the parcel records in the Records feature class, but when I add the parcel fabric to the map, I only see features in Parcel layer. There is no feature in Parcel_Lines, Connection Lines or Points layer, so I cannot edit the parcel shapes like I see in the demos. Is there something wrong with my parcel fabric?

Thanks,

Boyang

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristineLeslie
Esri Contributor

Hi

To see your records displayed - make sure the Records sublayer is turned on under the parcel fabric group layer in the TOC. The parcel fabric group layer is separate from the parcel type group layers.

So now that you have appended your polygons, you need to build the parcel fabric to create lines and points.

See this workflow for the complete steps:

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/parcel-editing/workflow-createpfandload.htm

Hope this helps

Christine

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ChristineLeslie
Esri Contributor

Hi

To see your records displayed - make sure the Records sublayer is turned on under the parcel fabric group layer in the TOC. The parcel fabric group layer is separate from the parcel type group layers.

So now that you have appended your polygons, you need to build the parcel fabric to create lines and points.

See this workflow for the complete steps:

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/parcel-editing/workflow-createpfandload.htm

Hope this helps

Christine

boyangw
New Contributor

Hi Christine,

I indeed forgot to build the parcels. I thought step 4 and 5 in "Load parcel features and build parcels" section were both optional. Now I see the lines and points. Thank you.

Boyang