Is merge points available in ArcGIS Pro 2.6?

07-20-2020 12:11 PM
MARIUSGLOVACI
New Contributor III

Is merge points available in ArcGIS Pro 2.6?

12 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There is a merge tool which can be used with point featureclasses, but by chance are you looking for

Aggregate Points—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MARIUSGLOVACI
New Contributor III

I am looking for Merge Points in Parcel Fabric.

Let's say I have a lot corner and very close a Parcel Map corner and a tract map corner 

At this location should be one point only and all the topological features lines and polygons should reflect this new point with updated point ID.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I see no tool of that name, but you can confirm at the end of the month when Beta 2 ends

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you referring to the Mean Points tool in the Parcel Editor Toolbar in ArcGIS Desktop/ArcMap?  Are you looking for the equivalent in Pro?

0 Kudos
MARIUSGLOVACI
New Contributor III

The question is specific to Parcel Fabric and the answer from Amy Andis is the tool is going to be available in ArcGIS Pro 2.7

0 Kudos
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Marius,

A new tool to Merge Parcel Fabric Points is coming out with Pro 2.7.

Please post any Pro Parcel Fabric related question/idea in the new parcel fabric place: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-parcel-fabric/ct-p/arcgis-parcel-fabric

Amir

0 Kudos
MARIUSGLOVACI
New Contributor III

Hi Amir,

Is there any way to disable Checking ability to merge until the user selects the point to preserve?

0 Kudos
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Marius,

Once you select the points one of them will be selected by default.

I think we try to make a smart choice which point that is, but that is not always possible.

Could you please describe your concern with the current behavior?

Merge Parcel Points gif.gif

0 Kudos
MARIUSGLOVACI
New Contributor III

In my case 2.8 I can see Check ability to merge running for a long time.

Dennis gave me the idea to Cancel the window and choose my point, in order to improve the performance.

The smart choice in my case and I can see it in your case also is to select the point with lowest objectid as default.  you might consider choosing the point with the highest objectid as default because usually is coming from a newer survey and not from one where a surveyor who used a compass and a chain.

CheckMergePoints.PNG

0 Kudos