Select to view content in your preferred language

How to create a duplicate of a Parcel fabric

Jump to solution
03-28-2023 09:25 AM
N8B6688
New Contributor II

I would like to be able to create a duplicate of our parcel fabric from our SDE but can't seem to find a way to simply do it. Copy / paste will only bring out the parcel types and errors out on the actual fabric and appending does not work as it does not transfer our custom attributes within each parcel type. Is there a tool that I am missing to simply create a duplicate of an existing parcel fabric with all of its parcel types, domains, and custom attributes?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You're looking for Copy Parcels, I think. The name of the tool is pretty misleading, as it copies the whole dang fabric into a new feature dataset.

From the docs:

Copies parcels from an input parcel fabric to a new parcel fabric in a new feature dataset.

The output parcel fabric will have the same schema as the input parcel fabric. All attribute fields, parcel types, subtypes, domains, and rules will be copied to the new parcel fabric.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You're looking for Copy Parcels, I think. The name of the tool is pretty misleading, as it copies the whole dang fabric into a new feature dataset.

From the docs:

Copies parcels from an input parcel fabric to a new parcel fabric in a new feature dataset.

The output parcel fabric will have the same schema as the input parcel fabric. All attribute fields, parcel types, subtypes, domains, and rules will be copied to the new parcel fabric.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
N8B6688
New Contributor II

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you! 

0 Kudos
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

The recommended way for this scenario of creating a duplicate (e.g. between different environments of production, staging, dev) is to Copy and paste the feature dataset that contains the parcel fabric.