Fix slivers caused by the dissolve tool in Parcel Fabric

04-27-2023 09:46 AM
Labels (1)
DeanAnderson2
Occasional Contributor II

I have an issue with cleaning up after my conversion process. I am using 2.9X ArcPro.  I have many multi-part taxlots in ArcMap and need these to persist in ArcPro/Fabric.  I have good line attributes and want to build my taxlot parcel polygons from my good line attributes. (I understand the limitations of this and address it in my conversion process) Here is the part of my process that is generating the problem. 

1. Convert ArcMap taxlotlines to ArcPro Fabric Taxlot_lines (works as expected - uses esri tool etc...)
  2. Split the arcmap taxlot polygons into multipart ArcPro polygons  (works as expected
  3. Generate points (polygon centroids) from the new multi-part ArcPro polygons (works as expected
  4. Create New ArcPro Polygons for converted ArcPro Taxlot_lines & New Points (works as expected
  5. Use Dissolve (or pairwise dissolve) to re-created multi-part polygons (Problem - Dissolve generates a small number  number of tiny slivers - see below).  Dissolve has no tolerance and it does not matter what option I use. Dissolve just seems to do this. 
  6.  The rest of my process works as expected  

DeanAnderson2_2-1682613968924.png

Question: What is the best way to get rid of these slivers in 2.9?   When I build parcels from my polygons the slivers at duplicate lines or "near duplicate lines" in my taxlot_lines feature class.  My fabric has less then 20,000 polygons.   Due to upgrade issues with servers my folks will NOT be able to upgrade to 3.x / 11.x for quite some time. 

0 Kudos
0 Replies