Can you reset task contents so selection and edits are returned to what was set before you ran the task

12-16-2021 10:14 AM
Labels (1)
DeanAnderson2
Occasional Contributor II

We are starting to use tasks.  We are using tasks as an aid to complete multi-step processes consistently and to provide "shortcuts" to get specific tasks done. Within tasks using contents to set was is visible, selectable, and editable is great! 

However, is there a way when the task is completed that what is visible, selectable, and editable will be returned to what they were before the task was started? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JasonCamerano
Esri Contributor

Hey Dean,

Unfortunately there is currently no way to reset back to how the contents were prior to the task being run.  This is a feature that we have discussed and we can look back into it for a future release. 

0 Kudos
DeanAnderson2

That is too bad.  This would be very helpful.  As it is now I am creating a series of tasks that do nothing but set a particular edit environment (what's visible, selectable, and editable) which is not a great work around.  Should I submit this need in the ideas section? ]

0 Kudos
JasonCamerano
Esri Contributor

Sure.  That will get more eyes on it. 

0 Kudos
ChristineLeslie
Esri Contributor

My suggestion would be to add an automatic, hidden step at the end that sets everything in the Contents back to how you like it.

0 Kudos
DeanAnderson2

Good thought, I tried that with a couple of test tasks for the cartographers.  The problem is that they come at the "short cut" tasks from a number of different business processes so that there is not a specific contents set that will work.  I thought if I created some tasks that represent "edit environments" that this would be more flexible and transparent. Also... I was thinking I would let users change & customize these environment setting tasks  to fit their way of doing business.  Whereas, I do not want them messing with "production tasks". 

0 Kudos