Before/After script for the Parcel Fabric

04-14-2023 11:36 AM
Labels (1)
JessicaM
New Contributor II

Hello! I am in the process of testing out workflows in the parcel fabric to be ready for our migration to Pro. I attended the UC last year and I recall a speaker mentioned how a B4/After script was being written as part of the out of the box tools in parcel fabric pro. We have our own script we use to create a map that shows the source parcel, target parcels, and action taken (combo, parcel adj, etc.), however it requires opening a different map with its own settings.

My python skills are weak at best and before I dive in to try to update our script, I figured I'd follow up and see if anyone knows if this in the works.

Thank you!

4 Replies
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

@JessicaM 

We are still planning to implement a new geoprocessing tool that would make it easier to create a (name pending) 'Parcel Lineage Map' (AKA 'before/after', 'is/was'...).

Could you please share an example of the map you want to produce?

JessicaM
New Contributor II

@AmirBar-Maor 

Thank you for the quick response! I've attached two types of before/after maps we create: the first is for land actions, such as splits, parcel line adjustment, combines, and the second map is used for subdivisions. They're fairly straight forward. Please let me know if I can help in any way. Thank you!

JessicaM
New Contributor II

I'm following up with you on  the layout template you talked about in the parcel fabric meetup webinar last week. Could you send it to Jean Schaffer at jschaffer@adacounty.id.gov and landrecordsgis@adacounty.id.gov ? We are really excited to have the before/after as a tool! Thanks!

0 Kudos
DianeBaker
New Contributor III

I have zer help but I just wanted to say your before/after maps are pretty neat!

0 Kudos