ArcMap 10.8.1 Parcel Fabric and Oracle 19.9

Jump to solution
03-02-2021 10:51 AM
Labels (2)
KetanDoshi
New Contributor III

Support is telling me ArcMap 10.8.1 is not supported on oracle version above 19.3.

Oracle database requirements for ArcGIS 10.8.x and ArcGIS Pro 2.5, 2.6, and 2.7—System Requirements ...

We are on oracle 19.9 and have issues with Triggers on Parcel Fabric.

We don't have any issues with non parcel fabric triggers or editing fabric.

Has anyone faced any issues with ArcMap 10.8.1, parcel fabric  and oracle version above 19.3 ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KetanDoshi
New Contributor III

It turns out to be an Oracle issue.

SDO_GEOM.SDO_AREA function raised an exception on Fabric feature classes.

Same function worked fine on Non-Fabric feature classes.

All cumulative patches were applied to our 19.9 version as suggested by Oracle documentation during installation, on the top of that Oracle gave us a merge patch (snap shot attached) to be applied on 19.9 and everything is back to normal.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Ketan Doshi,

The ArcMap Compatability with Oracle has nothing to do with parcel fabrics. I see that you already realized that and posted another post here.

Adding your own DBMS triggers to your geodatabase is not recommended and not supported. It can get complicated in a versioned environment and can likely be replaced with Attribute Rules in ArcGIS Pro.

There are multiple posts about triggers like this one

AmirBar-Maor_0-1614759086608.png

and this one

AmirBar-Maor_1-1614759226478.png

Amir

0 Kudos
KetanDoshi
New Contributor III

AmirBar

Trigger on parcel fabric delta table is working fine on our current environment of oracle 12c, it started raising error in the environment we migrated to 19c

I see that you already realized that and posted another post. - I am not sure what you mean by this, I posted an issue in ArcMap section also to target different audience and post you are referring is that post.

Send me your email address so I can send you the email from Support saying 19.9 oracle is not supported with ArcMap 10.8.1

Support is trying to reproduce the issue with our Fabric Triggers on 19.9

Error is related to SRID (Snap shot attached)

If you need more information, let me know - Thanks

0 Kudos
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

I am not familiar with your triggers, but please keep in mind that there is logic to perform operations in the correct order.

A parcel in ArcMap is made of a polyogn, lines, points and is associated to a plan. The relationships are based on PK and FKs which means for example that if you create a new parcel, you first have to create the plan and get its PK (OID), then create a polygon and populate the PlanID field, then create the lines and associate them to the parcel PK etc.

Not sure how much this is helpful to your situation though.

0 Kudos
KetanDoshi
New Contributor III

Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
KetanDoshi
New Contributor III

It turns out to be an Oracle issue.

SDO_GEOM.SDO_AREA function raised an exception on Fabric feature classes.

Same function worked fine on Non-Fabric feature classes.

All cumulative patches were applied to our 19.9 version as suggested by Oracle documentation during installation, on the top of that Oracle gave us a merge patch (snap shot attached) to be applied on 19.9 and everything is back to normal.

0 Kudos