ArcgisPro Parcel Fabric - Parcel Corners Numbering & Parcel Lines

06-22-2021 03:24 AM
Mustafa_HalukAy
New Contributor II

Hello, I am working on ArcGIS pro 2.8, and I am trying to create a parcel fabric for my surveyed parcels. My problem is about for Parcel corners and parcel lines. First issue is, how can I re-number parcel corners for each parcel? There should be a relation between parcel corner and related parcel for sure. But I couldn't figure out, I need to read/watch more. And second issue is about Parcel lines. I have parcel line segments length, its ok but there is no start and end parcel corner names in the attribute field. I mean when we create a parcel fabric lines in ArcMap , there is a field like FROM / TO  and this field includes start parcel corner name and end name. So I need a source to figure out those issues. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

@DianeBaker 

Regarding your comment about "I do miss the days when I didn't have to touch the mouse so much" :

Is this specific to the above workflow or a general comment?

If this is a general comment more examples would be great, maybe under a different thread. Unlike AutoCAD command line or ArcInfo Workstation, where you type shortcuts - ArcGIS Pro uses keyboard shortcuts.

Finding the correct point numbers on the map can also consume a few mouse clicks and take time and has the potential for mistakes (typing the wrong point number).

We are always looking for ways to improve the software and make it more efficient.

0 Kudos
DianeBaker
New Contributor III

It was in reply to the video you showed of simplifying the entering in of multiple lines with the same bearing and distance.  Which was a good reminder of that features capability.  In ArcMap fabric you could just type the line beginning and hit enter a couple of times and it would copy the previous line bearing and distance and then build the line from the point indicated. Repeat the same thing for the next line, point number plus enter enter enter.  I can build an entire subdivision with maybe a couple of clicks of a mouse and the rest by utilizing the keyboard/10key. 

As I try to practice Pro Fabric I'm noticing I'm relying more on the mouse.  I'm in no ways proficient in Pro Fabric yet so can't gauge which method is faster.  In my noob state everything in Pro Fabric feels like its taking forever and involving a lot of mouse usage.

0 Kudos
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks @DianeBaker.

We have noticed that ArcMap Parcel Fabric users find it harder to adopt the parcel fabric in ArcGIS Pro than 'non parcel fabric' ArcMap Editors. However, both groups testify that would never go back to ArcMap once they get used to working in ArcGIS Pro.

Any ribbon-based user interface is likely to introduce a few more mouse clicks, but that should be negligible if you set your own QAT (Quick Access toolbar) and configure the tool gallery to meet your workflow needs.

Once you become more proficient in ArcGIS Pro we would love to get your feedback and make data entry in ArcGIS Pro even more efficient.

0 Kudos