ArcGIS Pro Parcel Fabric Post Processing is Extremely Slow and Fails

10-10-2019 02:09 PM
KatherineStaley
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I am currently working in an ArcMap parcel fabric with two other agencies. Our parcel fabric consists of the entire State of Utah. I have been playing around with upgrading the ArcMap parcel fabric to an ArcGISPro parcel fabric. To test, I have successfully upgraded an ArcMap parcel fabric to an ArcGIS Pro parcel fabric for only one county in the State of Utah. I am now trying to do some post processing clean up, like deleting identical lines. I am using the geoprocessing tool in ArcGIS Pro on a feature class that consists of 150,000 features. When I run the tool it takes an extremely long time. After waiting about 2 hours the tool finally failed and could not be completed. Any ideas why this takes so long and ends up failing? I wouldn't think that processing 150,000 lines would take this amount of time.  Does this have something to do with connecting to my ArcGIS Enterprise Portal and the services? The same thing also occurs when I try to delete large records. I really want this to work in ArcGIS Pro, but right now it doesn't seem very feasible and will be a very daunting task, as I have 28 other counties to append to the ArcGIS Pro parcel fabric. 

My ArcGIS Pro parcel fabric is set to branch versioning in an enterprise database. I am on version 2.4.1 of ArcGIS Pro. Our portal is at 10.7.1. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kate 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KatherineStaley
New Contributor II

Thank you. I just read that somewhere this morning. When I tested in a file geodatabase it only took 15 minutes, not 2 hours. Thanks for your help.

Kate

0 Kudos