Select to view content in your preferred language

Export to CAD

05-18-2023 09:14 AM
MARIUSGLOVACI
New Contributor III

Would be nice to have a check button to add the CAD file to my project.

I have selected 4 legal lots lines and it's taking a few minutes to export them.  Is it the same for everyone?

Tags (1)
5 Comments
AmirBar-Maor
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

@MARIUSGLOVACI 

To export to CAD you can use the 'Export toCAD' geoprocessing tool

AmirBarMaor_0-1684742021978.png

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/conversion/export-to-cad.htm

If you use it often you can add it to the ribbon (Project --> Options --> Customize the Ribbon).

Why are you exporting CAD files? is this for external surveyors?

For importing CAD data there is already a button = the 'Add Data' button.

AmirBarMaor_0-1684741331654.png

With Pro you can even select to add a subset of the CAD file (e.g. only lines).

AmirBarMaor_1-1684741355951.png

Please clarify

MARIUSGLOVACI

I was looking for an extra button to automatically load the CAD file at the end of the export process and not to go Add Data.

I recall years ago the CAD file was automatically loaded in the Table of contents et the end of the process and Amy helped me to go to settings and remove this behavior.

Sometimes I need the CAD file right away sometimes I don't a check box would be perfect, like Append to existing file.

MARIUSGLOVACI

I'm exporting to CAD because sometimes I have let's say a lot line adjustment or other type of documents Road deeds dedications etc where I need a starting set of lines.

I prefer to work in CAD because I can reuse it at a later day let's say an amendment. 

MARIUSGLOVACI

On the other way I prefer to Export the lines because if I COGO in the end points are going to a very very little off of the fabric and I have to Merge Points for every single vertex in order to hold my new point which has a more precise location.

Until now I don't have knowledge of an align parcels tool which is going to move the data to CAD.

Many times I have to move the points to my CAD lines before Copy lines to, including the ArcMap line points.

AmirBar-Maor
Status changed to: Already Offered

You can contact technical support to get more help. You can press the Add Data button to add CAD files.