WMTS works in Classic Viewer but not in New/Beta Viewer

Jump to solution
05-08-2021 05:20 AM
Don_Barker
New Contributor III

I added a WMTS service to a map viewed with the Classic Viewer, no problem.  I did this two ways - Adding the WMTS as an item, then adding the WMTS item to my map.  Also, by adding the WMTS URL directly to the map.  Both maps saved and are viewable, no problem.  So there seems to be nothing inherently wrong with the WMTS.  The WMTS a layer of the David Rumsey Collection via Georeferencer, there:

https://maps.georeferencer.com/georeferences/b477b45d-fc72-515c-8942-8f1993b59c36/2017-09-15T11:18:4...

The successful Classic Map is here:

https://choptank.maps.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=01047a27cc24414d9d1fe60aa15a4185

But when I add this WMTS to the New Map Viewer, or view the saved map in the New Viewer (saved using the Classic Viewer), I get an error.  The problem is the New Map Viewer, not the WMTS, far as I can tell.

Esri, could you please comment on this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This feature is not yet available in the new Map Viewer, but coming soon (Fall/Winter) this year.

MVRoadmap.png

Think Location

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This feature is not yet available in the new Map Viewer, but coming soon (Fall/Winter) this year.

MVRoadmap.png

Think Location
Don_Barker
New Contributor III

Thanks for taking time to reply and for this info.  I will wait patiently into the Fall timeframe.  Thanks for working this for us.

[Strangely... The WMTS did indeed appear in the New Map Viewer earlier.  Then failed to reappear.]

0 Kudos
TomGeo
by
Occasional Contributor III

I would like to raise this issue again, since fall/winter 2021 is a while ago now, but i currently face the same issue with WMTS and the Map Viewer in a 10.9 portal.

- We are living in the 21st century.
GIS moved on and nobody needs a format consisting out of at least three files! No, nobody needs shapefiles, not even for the sake of an exchange format. Folks, use GeoPackage to exchange data with other GIS!
0 Kudos