Why fields in feature layer pop-up are blank when editing in Map Viewer?

09-18-2018 08:46 AM
mingster
New Contributor III

I'm editing the attributes of a point feature layer through Map Viewer. When I click on the feature to view the pop-up, all the information displays, but when I click on Edit, a few of the attributes disappear. Some have valid values configured, so there is a drop-down arrow with values that I can select. Other fields without a drop-down option, I have to open another window to see what information I need to change since the field in the edit window is blank. Anyone know why that is happening?

The feature layer was published to ArcGIS  via ArcGIS Pro. The points and the data were originally generated in Pro using XY data from an Excel table. 

Pop-up of feature in ArcGIS  Map ViewerEdit window in Map Viewer of same feature. Some fields are empty.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

This is related to how your pop up is configured for visible fields vs. editable fields. When you select Configure Pop Ups> Configure attributes, you can select which fields are displayed by default when displaying the pop up or what is displayed when editing.

mingster
New Contributor III

Hello Kelly,

I have both Display and Edit checked for those fields. Some fields display the information when editing, while others don't display it. Could there be another setting I'm not aware of? Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

can you share a link to your webmap?

0 Kudos
KendellRyan
Occasional Contributor

I'm having the same problem.  was there a resolution to this?

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

I'm not able to access the layer above but it looks like a mismatch between layer visibility and editability in the pop-up configuration. Are you able to share your web map?

0 Kudos
KendellRyan
Occasional Contributor

I'll reply in the other thread so I'm not duplicating these comments.

0 Kudos
BobSteiss
New Contributor III

Can you provide a link to the "other" thread please?

0 Kudos