Why can't I see new polygons on AGOL?

Jump to solution
05-23-2019 09:21 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've recorded new data while in the field. The data are present when I look within the layer's table, but when I look at Map View, I can't see my polygons. When I try to change the visualization for the layer, the normal options are absent and all that's present is the statement, "No legend." I can change the visualization for other layers within the same hosted Feature Layer. I've downloaded my GDB off AGOL and the data are present and visible when I open the GDB in ArcMap. Has anyone else had this issue, and were they able to solve it? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It appears the issue likely arose from missing feature templates. Setting feature templates prior to uploading GDBs to AGOL seems to prevent the issue. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Can you share your layer and or web map?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The data are sensitive, so I can't really share them. I have attached screenshots, however, which I hope may help. Additional things I've noticed:

• The layers are listed under Overview, but the two problem layers (New_Polygon and New_Point) do not appear in Map View, although the other layers, even one which is empty (New_Line), do.

The Overview tab:

The Data tab, which has the 3 polygons I've collected:

The Visualization tab, for the same layer (it is the same when zoomed in to the project area):

The tabs look the same for New_Point - I've collected 7 points, which are present under the Data tab, but which have "No legend" for visualization, and the layer won't appear on the Map Viewer. Thank your for your help.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Thanks,

Is this a hosted feature layer view? 

It may be helpful to get in touch with Tech support so they can look at your data in more detail.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is a hosted feature layer view. I'll look into contacting Tech support; thank you. 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It appears the issue likely arose from missing feature templates. Setting feature templates prior to uploading GDBs to AGOL seems to prevent the issue. 

0 Kudos