Why can I not delete an ArcGIS Online account or an ArcGIS Online organization?

Jump to solution
12-09-2016 08:28 AM
MiklosNadas1
New Contributor III

I created a user and now want that user to be joined to a different ArcGIS Online account, but it is stuck with the Dummy Organization it created. I also have a previous work ArcGIS Online account that I would like to delete, but I cannot because I no longer have access to that work email and recently changed jobs. But I think that it's tied to my.esri.com while ArcGIS Online is tied to my new work organization's account.

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

If you are looking to delete a trial organization, this will automatically be deleted 30 days after the trial expires unless you decide to convert the trial into a purchased organization. If you want to disable the account in the meanwhile, email customer service and they can help you out: Contact Us | Esri About 

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions,

-Kelly

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor
MiklosNadas1
New Contributor III

Unfortunately if I am the only user in the group, I cannot leave the group. And this is only a method for leaving an organization, not deleting an account. It doesn't seem like there is a way to delete an account.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

You might want to look Tools · Esri/ago-admin-wiki Wiki · GitHub  for some tools that might help you with moving items between AGOL sites, but you will probably need to get help from someone with admin rights in the old work location.  If it's in their Enterprise account and not shared, and your account was disabled, I doubt you can access it.  If they deleted the items, they may not be able to be recovered.  This is based on posts I've seen, I am not an authoritative voice for this.

You may also need to contact tech support.  I'm not sure if they can help without user account permissions either, but you never know.  However, my guess, re: leaving the group and deleting the organization is they may be able to help there (you will need to delete/move all items the user owns to delete a user, but an AGOL site ??.  If you can add a user to the site, you may just be able to fire up a dummy account, transfer all to that new account, then delete your account.

0 Kudos
NANA3
by
New Contributor

This is enfuriating.

I just created an account to test, didn't like it and now I can't find any way to delete everything. I dont have any data, I am the only user with admin rights, but theres no button or option whatsoever to delete EVERYTHING.

Any ideas on how to do this??

KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

If you are looking to delete a trial organization, this will automatically be deleted 30 days after the trial expires unless you decide to convert the trial into a purchased organization. If you want to disable the account in the meanwhile, email customer service and they can help you out: Contact Us | Esri About 

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions,

-Kelly

BeeBhagani
New Contributor

I want to delete organizaton set up

How to do it?

0 Kudos
NANA3
by
New Contributor

Thanks, just mailed them. I wish there were a button to do this.