Why are the images in the generated report from Survey123 turning sideways?

07-16-2018 11:21 AM
MelissaFeliciano
New Contributor

I have a custom report template built for Survey123. When I upload an image from my ipad's library into the survey in the Survey123 app, the image is in the correct orientation. However, after I submit the completed survey, when I go onto the desktop version of Survey123 and generate a report into my custom word doc template, the images are turned on their side. How do I fix this issue? Since I am adding multiple images to each survey report, and am doing many reports, it is too much to have to edit the word doc afterwards and rotate all of the photos individually.  

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
RyanBrenner
New Contributor II

Has this been addressed in the latest updates since 2019?

If so, I am experiencing this same thing. Is there a tool ESRI has that can rotate the image within AGOL to resolve this issue?

Thanks, 

Ryan

0 Kudos
pat_algura
New Contributor III

I'm having this issue too. Any updates?

Thanks,

Patricia

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @pat_algura,

How were the photos/images collected? Via the Survey123 in-built camera, or the device via native camera? What devices do you see this problem on from the collected photos?

Can you provide an example of one of the images? It sounds as though the image EXIF information for the image orientation is missing or incorrect.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
RyanBrenner
New Contributor II

It was an issue when the user collected imagery that was sometimes portrait and sometimes landscape. The EXIF information was present and could be examined. There were no issues there. I believe this is a bug within the design of the software and reporting tools provided by ESRI.

0 Kudos
pat_algura
New Contributor III

Hi @Anonymous User,

The images were collected directly from the Survey123 form. We're using an Android tablet and iPad (6th Gen) for data collection.
When photos are uploaded, some photos collected from the iPad are rotated. Can I send you an email with the sample?

Thanks,

Patricia