Why are attachments not supported in AGOL while using a feature service from portal with credentials stored

01-07-2020 08:16 AM
CSR_GarinHirata
New Contributor II

We have a feature service with attachments enable that was published through ArcGIS server/Portal 10.7.1 which we are accessing through AGOL with the rest service url and stored credentials. We can add attachments using the service in ArcMap and through the Portal in a webmap, but not in AGOL. Is there a restriction in adding attachments while accessing a service through AGOL with stored credentials? We get the error that the "file type is not supported" even though all files types are supported in Portal and ArcMap. We have tried to just use the rest end point with no credentials stored in AGOL, but it seems that we would have to login every time which is something we would not like to do, but adding attachments do work in a webmap in AGOL. So is there a way to store the credentials and still add attachments to our on premise published feature service in AGOL? I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks

9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Garin Hirata‌,

I noticed that you created a support case that resulted in your account being attached to this bug: BUG-000111981: Unable to add attachments to services from servers f.. 

Posting the bug here to close the loop in case anyone else comes across this thread. 

Thanks,

-Peter

KarlieKendall
New Contributor II

Was there a solution for this? I'm currently having the same issue. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Karlie,

Looking at the status of the bug referenced above, it has not been addressed yet. I would be more than happy to attach your customer number to the bug - let me know and I can do this from my end. 

Thanks,

-Peter

0 Kudos
KarlieKendall
New Contributor II

That would be great. Thanks so much, Peter.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Happy to help out Karlie - your account has been attached. 

Cheers,

-Peter

0 Kudos
ShannonGrumbly2
New Contributor III

Hi Peter. Could you please attach our customer number as well?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @ShannonGrumbly2 - absolutely, if you can email pklingman@esri.com with your customer number I'll take care of it.

Thanks,

-Peter

0 Kudos
WilliamPelchat
Occasional Contributor

Sadly this is has been a bug that is still a problem and recently escalated a full year later. Not sure how many others have encountered this bug, but we recently upgraded our portal from 10.7.1 to 10.9.1,that hosts secure services we consume using AGO web applications and the problem is also in the latest portal, which makes sense since I've been told its an AGO bug, even though at first service call a year ago, we were told to upgrade our portal.

WilliamPelchat_0-1640980722389.png

PamelaLocke1
Occasional Contributor

I am having this issue currently - we are on enterprise 10.8.  I have been creating web apps and maps without issue until the past few months.  The link to the bug page gives me the 404 error.  Any progress on this?  Do i have to delete and republish the feature service? 

Thanks, 
Pamela 

0 Kudos