Who does Esri use as cloud provider for ArcGIS Online?

Jump to solution
10-11-2021 01:12 PM
AaronWeier1
New Contributor II

Hi All, 

Been searching around esri.com and trust.arcgis.com hoping to find an answer to what cloud provider does esri use for ArcGIS Online? Amazon, Microsoft, their own??? 

Perhaps this info is not disclosed for security and privacy reasons. There's so much info on the Trust site that now after a couple hours of reviewing content I'm hoping someone can provide some clarity on either where to look or provide an answer.

Really appreciate any guidance.

Thanks!

Aaron

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mdonnelly
Esri Contributor

Hello, 

Esri probably doesn't advertise which cloud provider so that they are not tied down and can change/mix and match, as required.

However, from my experience in monitoring AGOL traffic I have noticed that is normally AWS endpoints being called behind the scenes.

Regards,
Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mdonnelly
Esri Contributor

Hello, 

Esri probably doesn't advertise which cloud provider so that they are not tied down and can change/mix and match, as required.

However, from my experience in monitoring AGOL traffic I have noticed that is normally AWS endpoints being called behind the scenes.

Regards,
Mark
0 Kudos
MicZatorsky_AEC
Occasional Contributor III

AWS has an outage in 2017.  That day I could not access a few sites, including Strava, Quora, and AGOL. 

0 Kudos