Select to view content in your preferred language

Where do we find out when the next AGOL update is?

Jump to solution
10-23-2023 10:56 AM
Scott_Sambell
Occasional Contributor

I'm sure its in a really obvious place that i cant find, but where do we see the actual date of an upcoming AGOL update?  Is really a huge thing for us to know in advance, not only because we get a heap of new toys to play with, but because it happens in the afternoons in our time zone and all the portals slow down to an unusable state so we can schedule a few hours off to do less AGOLy stuff.

I used to get all my information about this from Twitter but i can't help but think there is a more official method for keeping current with AGOL development.

Scott
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanNowlan
Esri Contributor

Hi Scott, 

The October release of ArcGIS Online is scheduled for October 25th between 5pm and Midnight (PT).

A good way to keep up to date is to sign up for the ArcGIS Online mailing list:

Sign Up for ArcGIS Online News | What's Coming, What's New, Tips & Tricks (esri.com)

View solution in original post

8 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I've heard that it will be announced on Wednesday, Oct 25th.

Scott_Sambell
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Ken. How do you keep informed on this?

Scott
0 Kudos
ArielLow2146
Occasional Contributor II

As far as I'm aware there isn't a release schedule shared publicly anywhere. Some roundabout ways I think folks find out about releases include:

Scott_Sambell
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Ariel.  I'll keep a closer eye on the EAP site.  Strangely, i am an admin on at least 20 AGOL portals but i struggle to get any info on this. Maybe i should be checking my spam folders more carefully.

Scott
0 Kudos
ArielLow2146
Occasional Contributor II

At some point I somehow opt-ed out of all Esri emails. If you haven't gotten anything lately might not hurt to double check your email preferences. I did that by going to MyEsri -> clicking the person icon in the upper right -> clicking Profile & Settings -> clicking Manage Mail & Email Preferences

Scott_Sambell
Occasional Contributor

Awesome, thanks for the tip Ariel, i'll check that.

Scott
0 Kudos
JonathanNowlan
Esri Contributor

Hi Scott, 

The October release of ArcGIS Online is scheduled for October 25th between 5pm and Midnight (PT).

A good way to keep up to date is to sign up for the ArcGIS Online mailing list:

Sign Up for ArcGIS Online News | What's Coming, What's New, Tips & Tricks (esri.com)

Scott_Sambell
Occasional Contributor

Awesome. Thanks Jonathan. I'll check to see why I'm not getting those emails in my inbox. Cheers.

Scott
0 Kudos