When you rerun enrich layer with new features, will it add all the data a second time or just enrich the new ones?

Jump to solution
10-13-2017 07:30 AM
KessaTurnbull
New Contributor II

After enriching my layer, it informed me that five of the polygons weren't enriched due to geometry areas. Since it wasn't too many, I went through and just manually drew them in and added the data from the existing shapefile. However, now I need to enrich those five features, and since it's enrich layer rather than enrich feature, I'm not sure how to manage that. Sure, it's not very hard to just delete the extra columns, but with over 800 polygons it was an expensive analysis the first time around, and I do NOT want to get charged for that again when I only need five more. I tried fiddling around with current extent, but I either get extra features, or it doesn't pick up the one I'm zoomed in on. 

I'd also be interested in knowing if there's a way to avoid adding a new layer or having the old one delete itself automatically or something to avoid having a ton of redundant layers floating around. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KessaTurnbull
New Contributor II
2 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Kessa,

When you use the re-run functionality the output is a new layer. There is no appending functionality built into the re-run functionality: Use the analysis tools—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS. Your use case is very clear and I understand the issue that you are trying to avoid. Can you post this issue on the Ideas site https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas?sr=search&searchId=240509ed-0a65-4d76-858c-a6677c9...‌, so other can promote and contribute similar use cases.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
KessaTurnbull
New Contributor II