When creating labels for two fields of a polygon feature layer it does not show multiple labels when exported to PDF format in the new map viewer

04-13-2022 10:52 AM
GregHeintz1
New Contributor III

It would be great to have the functionality of being able to place labels from two different fields for a Polygon Feature layer in the new map Viewer when exporting to PDF format. Currently, when labeling, even if the X and Y offsets are configured to not overlap, the labels from two different fields in a polygon feature layer is not showing up on the map when exporting to PDF format.  This works for a point feature class but does not work for a polygon feature class.  Both of the labels for a polygon feature layer appear in the map viewer map display but not in the export PDF file.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Would it be possible to use an Arcade expression to create a single label class with both field values in it instead?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
GregHeintz1
New Contributor III

Thanks Josh.  It is possible to use an Arcade expression to create a single label class with both field values in it as both you and Rhett suggested.   Thanks!

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

How are you labeling the feature?  You say on polygons, but the images both appear to be points.

In either case, if I set up the label(s) in the new map viewer:

$feature["Lat"] + " - " + $feature["Long"]

Then I get both showing in the map viewer as well as exported PDF (using Print in Map Viewer) on points and polygons.

R_

0 Kudos
GregHeintz1
New Contributor III

Rhett,

For starters, I attached the wrong images.  I have correctly attached the polygon feature layer labels.  Thanks for your advice.  It does work using the Arcade custom label expression to display the Latitude and Longitude field.  I was using the "Enable Labels" and creating a label for the Latitude field and a label for the Longitude field.  There is still an error when creating a label for each field (not using the Arcade custom expression) in a polygon feature layer when creating a PDF export (using Print in Map Viewer).  

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Ahh, two label classes.  Didn't think of that.  Automatically went to Arcade when I wanted label with more than one field.

Using two label classes, I see the same thing you are seeing.  Second label disappears when export to PDF.

R_

0 Kudos
GregHeintz1
New Contributor III

Thanks for testing on your end.  I appreciate that.  But, until the two label classes gets added as an enhancement, the Arcade expression works great.  Thanks again.

Greg

0 Kudos