What would happen to a Layer View if its source is changed by "re-publish"

Jump to solution
03-17-2021 01:07 PM
MingHome
New Contributor III

What would happen to a Layer View if its source is changed by "re-publish" from GDB with the same items or deferent number of items?  For example previously existing item may be no longer there and new items may be added. I am wondering, what would happen in this case?

Ming

0 Kudos
12 Replies
MingHome
New Contributor III

Hi Josh,

Your reply and sample code is very helpful and saved a lot of my time.  Regarding the "to_featureclass", is there a something like "featureLayer.edit_features" to add, delete, and update features instead of overwrite the featureClass?

Regarding the GUID issue, I am going to create a new post under the topic of SDF in the python API section. I do have another string unique ID field and this GUID issue in not critical for me.

Thanks, again!

Ming

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You're welcome!

For file-based things, you can always create a SEDF from a file-based feature class. You can perform your edits on the dataframe, then export it out once you're done. If there's a more direct way to edit a feature class via Python, I'm not familiar with it. But then, I mostly work with services in my day to day work. I suppose there's always arcpy.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
MingHome
New Contributor III

Thanks and will give a try today!

Ming

0 Kudos