What's the easiest way for an AGOL Administrator to find newest users?

11-15-2019 11:50 AM
PatIampietro
Occasional Contributor

An AGOL org Adminstrator's Organization>Overview page shows total and pending users and totals by user type, while that of a regular user has a "Newest Members" panel in a similar location.

The Admin's Organization>Members management tab has no filters for creation date, and sorting or filtering by last login does not accomplish the desired purpose.

I realize I can use GeoJobe's free Admin Tools' Browse Users tool to filter by creation date, or switch to a non-Admin account so I can see newest members, but both seem like more work than they should be.

Is there a way to get the "Newest Members" info to show on my Admin account Overview page, or filter the way I want to without switching accounts or using an external app?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

When logged in as administrator click on Organization.

Where it says Credits on the right hand frame.  click on View Status

Then click on members.

The member that shows should be the admin log in.

It will also show Member Since

Now the fun part. It will NOT show you all members at one time.

So if you have less than 50 users not really a big deal to go through them one by one.  But if you have a lot it will get cumbersome.

0 Kudos
PatIampietro
Occasional Contributor

Thanks but with > 650 users this is not a better solution than the ones I listed.

Even with fewer members, I don't see a way to scroll through them in the Credit Status>Members panel, only a "change member" button, that takes me to a search tool that can only filter by name.

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Yep that would be cumbersome. 

It would make good sense to have an option so set Member Since. that info is obviously stored.

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Perhaps there could be a solution utilizing Jupyter Notebook.  I only just learned what it does on Wednesday. But you can use it to load scripts for Server Management. There perhaps my be scripts to use for AGO Online

0 Kudos
PatIampietro
Occasional Contributor

There are certainly ways to do this with scripting. I was hoping there was an easy built-in way to get this info as an Admin without needing python or 3rd-party tools. Seems ironic that "regular" users have it on their Overview page but Admins can't.

0 Kudos