Web Map "set visibility range" not saving

03-04-2015 08:00 AM
deleted-user-Np_HetqJeO36
New Contributor II

I am creating a web map with custom visibility ranges on different layers. This web map is used in differing applications and story maps.

After I have the visibility ranges set for all the layers the way I want them to show/hide within an app/storymap, I save the map and return to "my content". When I reopen the map in a viewer, the visibility ranges I previously set have all been changed. Is there a way to get the visibility settings to stay with the map after I save it?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

Looks like it is a know issue Bug? Set Visibility Range Won't Save in ArcGIS.com after Dec Update

I suggest that you jump in that thread.

MarkFleming
New Contributor III

Correct that: When tiling the new image, I had it set for the highest level of detail (20, Building)  

The old image is set for "Room" as the highest level of detail. I don't see this setting when I create the new tile package now. The image disappears way before I get to Building detail, much less Room. 

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Mark,

This previous discussion may help you to create a tiled service down to the room level.

https://community.esri.com/message/646811-tiled-image-in-arcgis-online-does-not-let-me-zoom-in-far?s...

-Kelly

AdrianHughes3
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to set the visibility range of  a custom vector basemap for  a story map. When saving the web map and reopening, the visibility range returns to the original range

0 Kudos