WAB Dev 2.6: Authentication issue with AGOL Web Scenes prevents editing of 3-d apps

10-18-2017 11:04 AM
BarnabyRockwell
Occasional Contributor III

Using WAB Dev edition 2.6 installed on a Windows server and registered with my organization AGOL account, every time I create a new 3-d app and attempt to reference an AGOL Web Scene generated using the same account, I am prompted to enter credentials.  This didn't happen in WD 2.5 and shouldn't happen, as I am already logged into the account in WD 2.6.

The same credential request also appears when I attempt to edit a 3-d app that was imported to WD 2.6 from WD 2.5 and calls the same AGOL Web Scene.

Importantly, even if I enter the credentials as requested, WD 2.6 just spins forever and hangs, so no editing can be performed.

Chrome console error:

Failed to load resource: server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

:3344/webappbuilder/sharing/rest?f=json

Note that the imported 3-d app will display in Chrome normally when I simply click on the app in WD 2.6.  But no editing can be performed, and no new 3-d apps can be created.

Help!

Edit 10/19/17:  Now using Chrome 62.0.3202.62 (Official Build) (64-bit), the 3-d apps will not even display when I click on them in WD 2.6.  I get a blank screen.  So something regarding AGOL authentication has changed since I posted this question.  Viewing and editing of 3-d apps is still working normally using WD 2.5.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
QunSun
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi Barnaby,

It's a bug. The workaround is updating arcgis-webappbuilder/client/stemapp3d/jimu.js/tokenUtils.js and arcgis-webappbuilder/server/apps/THE_APP_ID/jimu.js/tokenUtils.js.

You need to add some code to tokeUtils.js as following screenshots.

We  will fix this bug in next release. Hope the workaround works.

BarnabyRockwell
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you for the info.  I'll try that out soon.

0 Kudos