Visibility Range Problem

573
6
Jump to solution
08-03-2012 11:53 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: MCline19

I have a map I have been working on (view-able at http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=c0bcad5921d54e6ab5f2d212fc42dd7e).  I have a layer of streets that will not display correctly.  I have the visibility range set so that it is only visible when in closer than 1:80,000; however, when the zoom range is close to but less than 80,000 the map only displays a portion of the streets.  The closer you zoom in, the more streets become displayed. 

Does anyone know what the problem is and how I might can fix it? 

I appreciate any info!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndrewStauffer
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Marie,

Since you are adding the individual layer and not the entire service, it's trying to query the features out of the service and is hitting a max record count. Since your ArcGIS Server is 9.3.1, I believe the default maxrecordcount is 500. You can increase this by editing the services .cfg file, and restarting the ArcGISServer Manager Service.

Help topic on editing Service configuration files.
<MaxRecordCount>MapServer, GeodataServer, GlobeServerAn integer that represents the maximum number of result records that can be returned by query, find, and identify operations on a map or globe service or by the TableSearch method on a geodata service.

Please try to update the MaxRecordCount and let us know if this resolves your issue.

Cheers,
Andrew

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: smith80678

I have a map I have been working on (view-able at http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=c0bcad5921d54e6ab5f2d212fc42dd7e).  I have a layer of streets that will not display correctly.  I have the visibility range set so that it is only visible when in closer than 1:80,000; however, when the zoom range is close to but less than 80,000 the map only displays a portion of the streets.  The closer you zoom in, the more streets become displayed. 

Does anyone know what the problem is and how I might can fix it? 

I appreciate any info!


What Internet browser are you using?
0 Kudos
danielsmith1
New Contributor
What Internet browser are you using?


I looked at your map and I think the problem is those smaller streets are only displayable at 1:10,000 (street level). You have your map to start displaying at the City level and only the larger streets show up. The streets that dont show up have very fine curves that evidently can't be drawn or wouldnt show up anyway.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: MCline19

I have tried using both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.  That doesn't seem to make a difference.

I agree it seems like there is something going on with the Visibility Range; however, I have gone through the settings and there doesn't appear to be anything that would keep the smaller streets from appears any differently than the larger streets.

I just changed the Visibility Range settings.  The streets SHOULD now be appears all the time regardless of map scale, but the problem still persists.

I am still pretty clueless about how to fix this.

Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos
BrettBlankner
New Contributor II
This looks rather buggy. Doesn't happen with other mapping software (AGS, IMS, Freeance).  If a feature has curves, it won't render until zoomed in further?  Has to be a fix for this somewhere...
0 Kudos
AndrewStauffer
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Marie,

Since you are adding the individual layer and not the entire service, it's trying to query the features out of the service and is hitting a max record count. Since your ArcGIS Server is 9.3.1, I believe the default maxrecordcount is 500. You can increase this by editing the services .cfg file, and restarting the ArcGISServer Manager Service.

Help topic on editing Service configuration files.
<MaxRecordCount>MapServer, GeodataServer, GlobeServerAn integer that represents the maximum number of result records that can be returned by query, find, and identify operations on a map or globe service or by the TableSearch method on a geodata service.

Please try to update the MaxRecordCount and let us know if this resolves your issue.

Cheers,
Andrew

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: MCline19

Hey Andrew,

I updated the Maxrecordcount and that solved the problem!  Thank a bunch for your help.

Marie
0 Kudos