view REST URL of layer in new map editor

Jump to solution
12-08-2021 08:29 AM
PeteFellows
New Contributor II

In the old web map editor, I could click on the three dots after hovering over the layer name, then in the drop down click on description, and then the REST URL would open in a new tab.  Is there any equivalent in the new editor?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Laura_B
Esri Contributor

@JeffAlexander @PeteFellows 

@PeteFellows wrote:

Looks like group layers and image layers don't have the information property.  Thanks @JeffAlexander

Thanks for clarifying. It seems the layer was added directly to the map. To view the image service REST URL , this is something we are working on. Look out for this in the next release or two.

In the meantime, an alternative would be to add the service as an item, then use that in map viewer. You should be able to see that option to launch to the item details page.

Cc. @ChrisWhitmore 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Laura_B
Esri Contributor

Hey @PeteFellows, are you talking about the equivalent of this option in Map Viewer classic?

Laura_B_0-1639080632788.png

Laura_B_1-1639081000834.png

There is an information section in the layer properties. This would be the equivalent on Map Viewer. It launches the item details page.

The REST URL option would typically be accessed from the bottom of the item details page.

PeteFellows
New Contributor II

Yes! But that information block doesn't appear with every layer.  I know it is on the separate map item details page but I'm sad that functionality is gone from the new map viewer.  Progress I guess.

0 Kudos
Laura_B
Esri Contributor

On what type of layer do you see that missing?

0 Kudos
JeffAlexander
New Contributor

Map Image Layers

PeteFellows
New Contributor II

FEMA NFHL top level and layers both don't show info.

PeteFellows_0-1639419875770.png

0 Kudos
PeteFellows
New Contributor II

Looks like group layers and image layers don't have the information property.  Thanks @JeffAlexander

Laura_B
Esri Contributor

@JeffAlexander @PeteFellows 

@PeteFellows wrote:

Thanks for clarifying. It seems the layer was added directly to the map. To view the image service REST URL , this is something we are working on. Look out for this in the next release or two.

In the meantime, an alternative would be to add the service as an item, then use that in map viewer. You should be able to see that option to launch to the item details page.

Cc. @ChrisWhitmore 

PeteFellows
New Contributor II

Yup, it's Map Image layers that need the URL properties exposed in the new (current not beta anymore) map editor...

Cc. @ChrisWhitmore 

PeteFellows_0-1639490969594.png

0 Kudos