View on AGOL Feature Service, end date greater than "today"?

08-27-2019 08:29 AM
KimberlyMeinert
Occasional Contributor

We're using the Road Closure application in ArcOnline with two different views, one for editors and one for the public.  I'm wondering if there's a way to put a view on the public version of the hosted feature service to only show Road Closures that have an end date greater than whatever today's date is?  That way the editors could keep old ones around in case they might be reoccuring (like, a yearly parade route or something), and also don't have to keep on top of which ones expire on a daily basis to go delete them or mark them retired, or some other workflow.  The public only sees what is actively closed for today or in the future.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm don't think you can specify  X number of days in the future.

The only option when filtering is  in the last  or not in the last where the value you provide works based on Today.

Maybe you can use not in the last setting for your date field and set 365 days. (Assuming your data only goes back a year).

You then have Future dates which are obviously not in the last year, so they should be displayed. This technique may require some juggling of the View Filter not in the last 365 days setting. (Or you set it to 25 years....?)

KimberlyMeinert
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I think that "not in the last" option will work.  Thanks!

0 Kudos