I am creating my first custom vector tile basemap in ArcGIS Pro. I setup my layers to have scale dependence symbology as well as having the labels turn on correctly for different scales. Everything looks good in Pro. I publish my vector basemap and open it in ArcGIS Online. When viewing from the map viewer things look drastically different than they do in Pro.
1. Some of my layers (Major City Boundaries/National Forest) do not appear when zoomed out to the state level even though these layers have no scale dependence (they should be showing up at all scales). See Below. Photo 1 is from Pro, photo 2 from map viewer.
2. When I zoom in, the City Boundaries appear and proceed to act as normal. However, The National Forest layer never appears no matter how far I zoom in/out. I checked the content within the 'share as web layer' window and my national forest layer is there. How can i get this to show up?
3. When viewing from my basemap in the map viewer, ill zoom in to a city and then zoom back out to the state. However, the tiles the loaded when i zoomed in still appear when i zoom out and do go back to the zoomed out tiles. See below, photo 3.
I have noticed that it may take some time for tiles to be published (hosted) on ArcGIS Online when publishing from the tile package item... Take a look at the item details of your new vector tile layer and see if it is done publishing. Once the publishing is complete, if data is still missing to your layer, then the problem is something else.
Hi again, this is what I would try to do:
1. Have you attempted creating a New ArcGIS Pro Project, transfering all your data over to the new project and republishing from there? This may sound silly, but I've experienced similar issues with publishing feature layers before, and the error wouldn't disapear unless I created a whole new project...
2. Also, you may want to try packaging and then publishing a small extract of your data to see if the error is reproduced with a smaller amount of features.