Use 'username' to set symbology using Arcade

Jump to solution
11-23-2020 09:17 PM
CPoynter
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I have created a Dashboard with a webmap. Within the webmap I wish to capture the logged in 'Username' and use it as the basis for symbolising my webmap. I have 'tracking' enabled on the feature layer within the webmap.

Wondering how I should code this in Arcade. Hoping to use this as a data filter to only display logged in users data.

Regards,

Craig

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @CPoynter ,

This is not something that you can do with Arcade. It is something that is possible by using Hosted Feature Layer Views (https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/manage-data/create-hosted-views.htm) but would require some work and the amount of work would increment with the number of users that should have their own dashboard. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
XanderBakker

Hi @CPoynter ,

This is not something that you can do with Arcade. It is something that is possible by using Hosted Feature Layer Views (https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/manage-data/create-hosted-views.htm) but would require some work and the amount of work would increment with the number of users that should have their own dashboard. 

0 Kudos
CPoynter
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @XanderBakker,

Hmm, I have numerous users (200+) too consider so this approach will be not practical. Thank you for your response.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

Hi @CPoynter ,

You are right, the comment I made is not a solution for you the way that I mentioned it. However, I notice that in the advanced tap of the hosted feature layer item properties when you have editor tracking enabled you can switch on the option that an editor can only see the features he or she created. It is worth a shot to see if that would solve this. Maybe you should create a single hosted feature layer view (with the configuration I just mentioned) and use that in the map of the dashboard and see if that works.

0 Kudos