Unable to unshare item from a partnered collaboration group

Jump to solution
05-20-2021 07:24 AM
TimoSjösten
New Contributor II

I was unsharing items from a partnered collaboration group and all went well until I stumbled on one hosted feature layer that refuses to be unshared. I'm also unable to change the ownership and get an "Error: Unable to change the owner of items that are shared to a group with the update capability".

I can change the sharing level between owner and back to the organization, but when I try to Edit the group sharing  (also shows "None yet" under the "Set group sharing") I cannot find the group it is still shared with (the partnered collaboration group) listed in the alternatives. When I open the collaboration group and check its content, i find the item listed.

TimoSjösten_0-1621519495414.png

TimoSjösten_1-1621519668192.png

Sharing level: Owner and shared with groups.

When looking under the Item details it shows the same icons showing that it is shared with Owner and with the partner collaboration group (it even shows the correct thumbnail in miniature of the collaboration group). 

Any suggestions appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimoSjösten
New Contributor II

Sigh. Instead of trying to change sharing settings, It worked out simply by removing the item from the content list of the group it was shared to. After that, as it was not anymore shared with a group with update capabilities, I was also able to assign a new owner to the item.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimoSjösten
New Contributor II

Sigh. Instead of trying to change sharing settings, It worked out simply by removing the item from the content list of the group it was shared to. After that, as it was not anymore shared with a group with update capabilities, I was also able to assign a new owner to the item.  

0 Kudos