Unable to share web map with public account

06-01-2019 08:39 AM
HarryNowell2
New Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to share a simple web map on a public account. I get the Share pop-up with "Share the item(s) with:" - but the list is empty. I was expecting "Everyone", at the very least. Here is an screen image.No option for

I see someone had this problem with what looks like an organizational account, but this doesn't apply to my case.
https://community.esri.com/thread/183066-unable-to-share-arcgis-online-map

I found this: "If you have a public account, you can add items to ArcGIS Online, create public groups, and share your items with everyone and with the public groups to which you belong." So it appears I ought to be able to do this.

It seems there should be a simple answer, but I've checked my settings and can't find anything appropriate. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Harry Nowell

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlexKlomp
New Contributor

I had this same problem using an Acer Aspire laptop with Windows 10. Using a HP Pavillion dv6 with Ubuntu Linux, the share checkbox was available. Once the web map is shared, it stays shared, also when I now use my own Acer laptop again. I'm not sure where the problem is, with the Acer laptop or Windows 10, but this solved my immediate problem, so I'm not complaining.

0 Kudos
HarryNowell2
New Contributor

I also have Windows 10 and, thanks to your feeback, I tried it on a Windows 7 machine and indeed it worked fine from there. So, Windows 10 appears to be the problem - precisely what we don't know, but at least we have a workaround.  Thanks.

0 Kudos