Unable to invite user to a group owned by an organization

06-25-2013 05:22 AM
JenniferMcCullough
New Contributor
Hello- my colleagues are trying to invite me to a group, but they're getting this message:

Error inviting user(s):

Unable to invite public account 'my username' to a group owned by an organization 'df13e866087c4c9dbb002bc31631e918'.

I'm not aware that my account is owned by an organization- I've had this account for years and registered under my personal email (though I did associate it with a member number when I was in charge of software purchases at a previous company).  Can I disassociate myself (somehow) or do I just have to create a new account for AGOL?

Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AimeeMandeville
New Contributor II
Are they using AGOL for organizations?  If so, then I think the issue is that personal AGOL users cannot be members of a group created by an AGOL organization account.  You will need to have a AGOL organization account login and then you can be a member. 

Aimee
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
ESRI's "we know better than you" wisdom drastically changed the sharing with their March update. For sharing and joining groups, you can only now do Public-->Public or Organization-->Organization. That's it. No cross sharing or cross groups. They want you to pay to share....