Unable to IMPORT Shapefile to ArcGISOnline Maps

04-24-2012 04:03 AM
TimothySmothers1
New Contributor
Have been attempting to import Shapefiles to an existing map in the product - it fails with any of the new ZIP's that I am attempting to load.  And even fails with old ZIP's that worked previously.  I have tried in IE8 and Chrome with the same message.  Chrome gives a larger report (see below)

Unable to import this shapefile. (Could not connect to net.tcp://10.115.184.119:20000/AnalyzerService. The connection attempt lasted for a time span of 00:00:20.9982528. TCP error code 10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.115.184.119:20000. )

My load is respecting the geography of the original data source.  Please advise if there is a problem with AGOL at this time for loading shapefiles.  This is a personal free account and not a Beta Application import.

Regards
Tim
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
30 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Yes, that can happen when you have surpassed your storage allotment.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
garyogborn
New Contributor II
Publish exception 'Analyze call for publish failed for '25_core_union_buff.zip', server id 'ZzrwjTRez6FJiOq4''

Anyone have a solution to this issue?  Six different files cannot be uploaded to arcgis online this morning. Now I will try the standard fix--shutdown and reboot!
0 Kudos
AaronAustin
New Contributor III
I'm having the same problem today uploading a zip file to the my content page of an organization account. Uploads were working fine yesterday and I don not think we are even close to being over our storage limit. Here is the error code [Publish exception 'Analyze call for publish failed for 'ashley.zip', server id 'ZzrwjTRez6FJiOq4'']
0 Kudos
SeanHarkins
New Contributor III
I'm experiencing the same issue today with a client's ArcGIS.com account.  I receive the following error when trying to publish a feature service.

Publish exception 'Analyze call for publish failed for 'Plant67_Mercator.zip', server id 'lGOekm0RsNxYnT3j''
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
This should be working correctly now.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
GISAdmin1
New Contributor III
I get this error when trying to upload a file to ArcGIS Online...

Unable to import this shapefile. (The socket connection was aborted. This could be caused by an error processing your message or a receive timeout being exceeded by the remote host, or an underlying network resource issue. Local socket timeout was '00:15:00'.)

Any ideas?

Have attached the file in question.

M
0 Kudos
DXXX
by
New Contributor III
OK, This is now the second day I have been trying to just add a shapefile and no success. Anyone actually able to get a shapefile into this?

I am now getting this error.

Unable to import this shapefile. (Could not connect to net.tcp://10.115.172.108:20000/AnalyzerService. The connection attempt lasted for a time span of 00:00:20.9985216. TCP error code 10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.115.172.108:20000. )
0 Kudos
DXXX
by
New Contributor III
I get this error when trying to upload a file to ArcGIS Online...

Unable to import this shapefile. (The socket connection was aborted. This could be caused by an error processing your message or a receive timeout being exceeded by the remote host, or an underlying network resource issue. Local socket timeout was '00:15:00'.)

Any ideas?

Have attached the file in question.

M

Hey your Auckland2 file is corrupt, as was the one I was trying to use. I got another shapefile ziped it, and now I am able to upload it. Try zipping another shapefile.
By the way how long will we be able to use this service until we have to pay for it?
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
@mlaudon

I was able to load your shapefile directly into a map. Are you still having a problem?

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
@mlaudon

Your missing files in your zip. I'm not sure how mike was able to load it, but I tried and got the same error. Your zip file is missing an SBN file and an SBX file...

For others having this error, make sure you have all the required files zipped. I was successful in uploading several of my own zipped shapefiles with no issue.
0 Kudos