Unable to edit feature attributes created by another user

04-23-2021 07:16 AM
luckachi
Occasional Contributor III

I have a hosted feature layer that contains a couple of features that I created but another user would like to add and modify some of the attribute information but she is unable to do so. They are able to add new features as well as new "visits" to the related table but all of the attribute information is greyed out - even those fields that were left blank. Originally, I had the layer set to Editors can only edit their own features (requires tracking) but I changed it yesterday to Editors can edit all features to see if that would make a difference. It does not.

I do a lot of "bulk uploading" for the folks using our web application and this will cause a lot of issues down the road if users are not able to go back to these features that I upload for them and add or change the attributes.

Any help with this matter is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
luckachi
Occasional Contributor III

So, an update for anyone interested. 

After modifying the settings to allow for all users to edit, I discovered it was not actually updating the REST service. I went to the rest/admin/services Update Definition page for the hosted feature layer and manually updated the ownershipBasedAccessControlForFeatures section which is right at the top of the layer definition

"ownershipBasedAccessControlForFeatures" : {
"allowOthersToQuery" : true,
"allowOthersToDelete" : false,
"allowOthersToUpdate" : true,
"allowAnonymousToQuery" : true,
"allowAnonymousToUpdate" : false,
"allowAnonymousToDelete" : false
}, 

this corrected the issue.