Unable to edit feature attributes created by another user

04-23-2021 07:16 AM
luckachi
Occasional Contributor II

I have a hosted feature layer that contains a couple of features that I created but another user would like to add and modify some of the attribute information but she is unable to do so. They are able to add new features as well as new "visits" to the related table but all of the attribute information is greyed out - even those fields that were left blank. Originally, I had the layer set to Editors can only edit their own features (requires tracking) but I changed it yesterday to Editors can edit all features to see if that would make a difference. It does not.

I do a lot of "bulk uploading" for the folks using our web application and this will cause a lot of issues down the road if users are not able to go back to these features that I upload for them and add or change the attributes.

Any help with this matter is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Terry_Iffland
New Contributor III

Just to be sure, have you checked the feature layer editing properties? Make sure you have enable editing checked.  You should also double check what kind of editing is allowed (add, delete, update).

0 Kudos
luckachi

Yes, as far as I can tell, all of the appropriate settings are configured to allow for editing. I even made another AGO account that does not have administrator privilege to test. With this other account, the only way I was able to make any type of change was going to the feature service overview page and click on Data in the blue toolbar to view the data table.

0 Kudos
Terry_Iffland
New Contributor III

You're referencing a feature service and not a map service. Correct?  Map services cannot be edited. Feature services can be edited.

Otherwise, this looks like the settings I'd expect.

0 Kudos
luckachi

Correct, I am using a hosted feature (FeatureServer).

0 Kudos
Terry_Iffland
New Contributor III

Have you tried to republish the feature layer? Just to make sure nothing has become corrupted?

0 Kudos
luckachi

This may sound like a silly question, but what would be the easiest way to re-publish a hosted feature layer and not loose editor tracking information, etc. It was an absolute pain moving these layers from our ArcGIS Server to AGO last year so I have been hesitant to do anything major.

Also, I discovered this morning that it is affecting the other layers as well.

0 Kudos
Terry_Iffland
New Contributor III

Can you check your Webmap and make sure you've enabled editing on the layer(s) you want people to be able to edit?

0 Kudos
luckachi

All layers have editing enabled. We transitioned over to AGO last summer and folks have been able to create new features and edit (their own features) just fine. It seems to be an ownership issue even though the layer is now set to allow editors to edit all features versus just their own features.

0 Kudos
Terry_Iffland
New Contributor III

I think you're going to need to check with Esri support. They can connect to your machine remotely and help you get your question resolved.