Unable to change styles on a Feature Layer in a web map

Jump to solution
03-30-2018 03:30 PM
Trippetoe
Occasional Contributor III

Hello.

I have added a Feature Layer to my AGOL content.  I used the 'Add Item' tool to add an ArcGIS Server web service from the web.

I was able to add the feature layer to a web map, but i cannot change the style of the feature layer. When i click on the 'Change Style' tool, the dialog below opens up abd there are no options in the 'Choose an attribute to show' drop down.  

If i click on the 'Options' button, a dojo error is throw and the page freezes up 

Interestingly, i can add the Feature Layer to a map in an ArcGIS Pro project and change the style without any problems. When I share the ArcGIS Pro map as a web map, it is published as expected but the style is reverted back, i.e. the feature layer loses the style set in Pro.

Any thoughts on what's going on.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Trippetoe

Hi Kelly.

We ended up deleting the service and re-publishing it. That process seemed to fix whatever the problem was because we can now change styles.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tom,

Have you tried a browser other than IE?

0 Kudos
Trippetoe

Thanks for your super fast response.

I hadn't until you mentioned it.  I opened the web map in Chrome and got the same behavior, but with a bit better stack trace on the error thrown when clicking on the 'Options' button.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Are you able to share your layer url?

-Kelly

0 Kudos
Trippetoe

Hi Kelly.

We ended up deleting the service and re-publishing it. That process seemed to fix whatever the problem was because we can now change styles.

KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Thanks for letting us know Tom,

If it happens again, please let us know so we can dig into it further.

-Kelly

0 Kudos