Unable to add View in new Map Viewer

11-09-2021 12:05 PM
Trippetoe
Occasional Contributor III

Hello.

I am unable to add a View to a map created with the New Map Viewer.  I can use Map Viewer tools (Add layer) to find the View, but when i click the '+' icon to add the view to the map, I get the follow error "Unable to add layer <layer name>.  Unable to establish a secure HTTPS connection to the layer.....".    I am able to add the View layer to a map created with the Classic Map Viewer.

A perhaps relevant bit of information about the View is that it was created from a Hosted Feature Service that contains three related tables. I use the REST Admin API 'delete from definition' endpoints to remove the related tables from the View. 

Any thoughts on adding the View to the map? Is this a bug in the system?  Any help, suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you

CannotLoadView.PNG 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

You said it was a hosted feature service through AGOL correct? Have you updated your feature layers to https?  This can be done through settings in the organization.  You have to have admin privileges though.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
Trippetoe

Hi Amanda.  Thanks for your reply.

Yes, our Org is set up to use HTTPS only. All the content in our Org can only be accessed via HTTPS.  I believe the error message is misleading and masking over the real issue - although i have no idea what the real issue is 🙂

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Try going to the view layer in your contents and then adding it to the map viewer that way.  See if you get the same result.

Also, may be a bug.  You can do a search to find out here:  https://support.esri.com/en/Search-Results#search?q=arcgis-pro&content-type=Bugs 

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
Trippetoe

I do get the same negative results when trying to add the View from its 'Overview' page to the new Map Viewer: Unable to add layer. Unable to establish a secure HTTPS connection to the layer......' 

I opened up Chrome Dev Tools and found 3 errors - it seems like the View is trying to load the three related tables that I have removed from the View.  The error messages indicate that the Viewer is trying to load ../FeatureServer/2 and ../FeatureServer/1 and ../FeatureServer/3. Those are the endpoints from the Source feature service. So, my guess is Map Viewer is reading from the View's source's definition rather than from the View's definition.  That's just a guess for now

ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

I would search the bug reports.  This could be a bug.  And if its not reported, you may need to reach out to ESRI support and see if they can determine that it is a bug.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
meloking_PNM
New Contributor III

Were you able to confirm that this was a bug? We are seeing the same behavior with views made from hosted feature services that contain related tables.

0 Kudos
Trippetoe

Yes and no (sadly).  Working with Esri tech support, we were able to reproduce the behavior every time when using my hosted feature service. Unfortunately, when we started with a new hosted feature service and when i republished the original source hosted feature service as a new hosted feature service, we could not reproduce the bug. So, esri was happy/satisfied to say that the problem was my data source and the solution was to republish. Of course that breaks all the maps, apps, and views dependent on that hosted feature service.... it can be a very frustrating and infuriating place to be.