Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to add Item Gallery to Home Page

01-15-2024 11:02 AM
ParrBrian
Emerging Contributor

When adding a Item Gallery to the homepage of an ArcGIS Online account, the application hangs (endless spinning blue circle) and fails to add the item. I've tried multiple things to resolve without luck, wondering if anyone else has experienced this behavior, was able to resolve, and how.   

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hmmm, are you able to get any useful info by examining the developer console in the browser? Another suggestion would be trying a different browser and/or clearing your browser cache. That's a classic go-to for troubleshooting strange behavior in the browser...

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
ParrBrian
Emerging Contributor

I'm running in Incognito with the cache disabled - so good there, also ran in Edge and getting same behavior. Not a developer, so the developer console is not much help to me. Interestingly though, in a different AGO account I can add the Item Gallery without any issue. And, another issue I'm seeing with the AGO account in question is that it is not recognizing the account's groups when  I try to select a group for the site's default Gallery from the Settings page - so it's sort of like there's a breakdown with the accounts ability to tie back to the org's groups from the homepage. May need to call support to figure it out.   

0 Kudos
DominicOppedisano1
New Contributor

Any resolution to your issue?  I am having the same problem.  New Org just set up.  Other orgs have no problem.

0 Kudos
ParrBrian
Emerging Contributor

Unfortunately, no. I have not found a resolution to it. 

0 Kudos
DominicOppedisano1
New Contributor

I think it may have something to do with the number or type of groups in the org.  I created a second group and shared the items to it and added members.  I also selected that new group in my Org Settings --> Gallery-->Show in Gallery.  I can now add a new item in the content block and/or edit the current Item.  I hope this helps.

0 Kudos