Select to view content in your preferred language

Trying to Create Special Map that have only Cities list.

03-28-2016 05:27 PM
PinarDempsey
New Contributor II

I am trying to create a Map in Northern CA -- something that will show me all the cities  above highway 92 that is the cut off line , can anyone help? this places is very confusing..

0 Kudos
13 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Alum

If you have the data of the California cities and the location of Highway 92, try setting up a spatial query using the Find Existing Location analysis tool:

Find Existing Locations—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Kelly,

It looks like you cannot perform an analysis unless you are logged into that particular organization, is that right? I mean, if you are working with your own data, then this is ok but otherwise, you cannot 'analyze', data without being logged in. Is this because it consumes credits?

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Alum

In order to use the analysis tools, you must be signed in with an ArcGIS Online account that is a member of an organization. You can perform the analysis on data that you own or don't own as the result will be a new feature service that resides in your content. This is a credit consuming service, costing 1 credit per 1000 features returned.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

If... by any chance ... this question has arisen as a result of an assignment at an educational institution, you would be advised to contact the instructor and/or the person responsible for handling the esri educational license.  Many times, assignments are given, without explaining how ArcGIS Online works ... how to use it and  ... whether they have the necessary permissions to do "real stuff" and not just look at maps.  If this is a personal account, then you will have some concept of credits and know how and when to use them.  So please confirm the origins of this somewhat benign request ... which I am sure didn't originate in an interest in traffic north of 92.  Good luck

0 Kudos