Too many features to draw. Try zooming in to a smaller area.

Jump to solution
11-15-2017 11:37 AM
CCWeedcontrol
Occasional Contributor III

I have a web map that i use for a Web Appbuilder application and today i need to update a feature layer that is stored on ArcGIS online that is used on this web map. So through ArcGIS Online I did an overwrite, i made sure it had the same fields and name but then i noticed that in my Application the points were not showing anymore. So i open up the web map on arcgis online and zoom in to an area and i get the error "The layer, Address_Points, was not drawn completely because it has too many features to draw. Try zooming in to a smaller area." So i am not sure what happened because the only difference was that there were about 300 more new points. Any thoughts on whats going on?

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CCWeedcontrol

I figured it out, for some reason there was an extra field on the feature layer that i overwrote with. Once i removed that field and overwrote again i am able to see the points now.

Kelly thank you for the links to the Blogs.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

How many features are you trying to display?

Check out these two blogs for more information about the error message you are seeing and ways to configure your layer to display many features.

https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/arcgisonline/blog/2017/10/17/so-you-want-to-display...

Strategies to Effectively Display Large Amounts of Data in Web Apps | ArcGIS Blog 

If the blogs don't point to an answer, try monitoring the web requests to see what may be causing the issue.

-Kelly

CCWeedcontrol

I read the blogs and i have set the visible scale and filters but doesn't seem to make a difference.

I checked the web requests and i am seeing the following for that layer.

Preview {error: {code: 400, message: "Cannot perform query. Invalid query parameters.",…}}

Response {"error":{"code":400,"message":"Cannot perform query. Invalid query parameters.","details":["Unable to perform query. Please check your parameters."]}}

0 Kudos
CCWeedcontrol

I figured it out, for some reason there was an extra field on the feature layer that i overwrote with. Once i removed that field and overwrote again i am able to see the points now.

Kelly thank you for the links to the Blogs.

sagarsimkhada
New Contributor

I am trying to create hosted feature layer in AGOL from blank csv file with 15 headers but getting         

"layers were not drawn completely because they have too many features to draw. Try zooming in to a smaller area". tried  various visibility setting range but did not work. Noticed that thumbnail doesn't have any image though i have set the extend for the AOI. see attached
Any suggestions please. 
0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Are you receiving any specific error messages in the web requests like CC Weedcontrol?

0 Kudos
JamesJudge
New Contributor II

I am having a similar issue with layer not displaying try zooming into a smaller area message.

I published a feature service of points that was symbolized on an attribute name owner. The owner field is short number field and I'm using a coded domain for values (1, 2, 3, & NULL) to symbolize the layer. The webservice looks good when I view it in ArcMAP.  The null values are not displaying when I add the webservice to my AGOL webmap. Can someone confirm that changing the NULLS to a whole number will resolve my issue?

0 Kudos