tile map package not visible

01-24-2021 11:08 AM
Labels (1)
DavidLitke
Occasional Contributor

I created a tile map package in Pro. It displays correctly on top of the Topographic base map in Pro. However it does not display in Field Maps when sideloaded and it does not display in the AGOL Map Viewer as a hosted tile service. If I zoom to the layer in the Map Viewer it puts me in Algeria instead of Colorado, and it does not display there either. I wonder if it is a bounding box issue--reading coordinates off the screen in Pro puts the bounding box for longitude in the 11 million range, but the Properties dialog puts the bounding box for longitude at negative 11 million.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Longitude can only go between -180 and 180.  I suspect that you are viewing the Web Mercator coordinate system.  If their values are supposed to be negative  in the western hemisphere (like longitude) that may explain your quick trip to Algeria if you omitted the negative sign

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
DavidLitke
Occasional Contributor

Yes the SCS is Web Mercator, which was produced by the Create Tile Package tool, reading the SCS from the geotiff. Can't figure why things display fine in Pro, but not on AGOL.

0 Kudos
DavidLitke
Occasional Contributor

When I ran Create Tile Package, my input tiff was in UTM Zone 13, and the output tile package was in Web Mercator (the project Map was in Web Mercator). I think this is where something went wrong. Just now I used the Project Raster tool to project the input tiff from UTM Zone 13 to Web Mercator. Then I used the Create Tile Package tool to create the tile package from the projected tiff, and then published it to AGOL, and now it is visible!

0 Kudos