Select to view content in your preferred language

Tile Imagery Layer Not Allowing To Style By Unique Values

05-13-2024 01:59 PM
JustinH
New Contributor III

We have a layer for the entire state of Colorado that we are trying to upload as a tiled imagery layer to Arcgis online. We have good luck with our other statewide layers to be able to style them as their unique value. Unfortunately, this one only allows us to either "Stretch" or "Classify". This is a categorical Raster set that classifies pixels as a specific Surface Fuel. Here is the Tile Layer that we posted (NOT THE TILED IMAGERY LAYER,  just showing a reference to what we want the tiled imagery layer to look like)... We want this to be a Tiled Imagery Layer since this gives you a little more freedom with styling/analysis etc. 

I am wondering if it is because there are so many values (47) and AGOL is not allowing them to be classified by a unique value. Some others think it may be the category that is limiting AGOL because it is a long string. 

Any ideas are helpful. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

This looks to be a tiled map service and not a tiled imagery layer. On the item you will see Tile layer and not Tiled Imagery like this one https://jsapi.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=44b8b4b7c21f4ee88b42ec6f35906af2

0 Kudos
JustinH
New Contributor III

Correct, we are trying to create the layer I linked above into a tiled imagery layer. Unfortunately, it is not allowing us to assign unique values to the tiled imagery layer that we did create. I did not link it above but I can. I just wanted to show how many values that we are trying to assign as unique because I feel like that is what is not working.

0 Kudos
JustinH
New Contributor III

If it is helpful, we can share the tiled imagery layer that is not allowing unique value symbology with you as a collab. 

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Yup you can invite russell_jsapi into a group and I can check it out if you don't want to share it publicly. 

0 Kudos
JustinH
New Contributor III

Okay, we invited you to our group. We have two layers that we are unable to symbolize by unique values in there. 

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

To use unique values your data will need to have a raster attribute table. When I check out the service it looks this was created without the attribute table. 

The property on the service is

Has Raster Attribute Table: False

0 Kudos
JustinH
New Contributor III

Weird because the .tif has an attribute table but it is getting lost somewhere along the way. Any ideas?

0 Kudos