Tile alignment off against Esri basemap in ArcGIS Online

04-27-2016 12:27 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

I'm having an issue where a custom basemap I made is not aligning correctly on ArcGIS Online, though it aligns fine on Desktop.

I georeferenced an image in ArcMap using the World Imagery basemap (pulled from ArcGIS Online) with coordinate system set to WGS 1984 Web Mercator (Auxiliary Sphere). I then uploaded the image as a tile package to our ArcGIS Online account with a custom tiling scheme (highest level of detail set to 1:100, which is the highest level of detail for the World Imagery basemap) and used it as a basemap for one web map. I then made another web map with just the World Imagery basemap and used the Storytelling-Swipe template to create a story map so that users can compare the image I georeferenced to the world imagery basemap. While these aligned well on Desktop, they are noticeably misaligned on ArcGIS Online. Any thoughts on how to fix this? My main idea is that I'll have to make a second custom basemap of the aerial image, but I'd like to know if there's another option. Thanks.

0 Kudos
0 Replies