Select to view content in your preferred language

This Map is not Available Message

12-08-2010 01:30 PM
DonCopple
Occasional Contributor III
Hi I have built a map on ArcGIS Online, shared it with Everyone.  I am trying to embed it in a website now, but am getting the Map is not available in the frame.  I click the chainlink in the upper right side of the map, and then copy the html code onto my webpage.  It's is like it is working for a few minutes at pulling it up, but then is just white with that message.  Anyone else figure a work around?

Thanks.....
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
23 Replies
TomMcConnell
New Contributor
Thanks, Mike.  I am using IE 9.0.  Will try it with Chrome to see if it makes a difference.  I can simplify the shapefile, but it only contains a few features.  I also don't remember if I reprojected it before loading, so I can definitely do that.
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
It's not just the number of polygons, it's the number of vertices per polygon. When I look at your shapefile, it does have a lot of vertices that could be generalized out.

Mike
0 Kudos
TomMcConnell
New Contributor
Mike - I tried your link using Chrome, and it works fine ( a bit slow, as we discussed).  I do not know why IE 9.0 doesn't like it, but you have any insights, please pass them along.
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
It's a limitation of the IE browser. Basically, when you draw shapefiles on the map, it's the browser that draws them. IE is just not as capable as the other browsers. I've heard IE 10 addresses this, but am not sure.

Mike
0 Kudos