The layer did not draw completely in my AGO web map

06-25-2018 01:59 PM
RamonPierce1
New Contributor II

Hi ESRI Technical Support. One of my hosted feature layers in my AGO account is getting a warning error when I open it in a web map, as well as causing performance issues in my web map application.

When I hover my mouse over the yellow triangle it says "The layer, 2018 Voter Education Fund Grantees, did not draw completely."  Here are some facts about my dataset:

• It's a polygon shapefile imported from my ArcMap to my AGO account via the Service Editor.
  • It has 33 records.
  • It has a spatial index.

If you need additional information or would like to analyze my hosted feature layer, please email me at Ramon.Pierce@kingcounty.gov.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
NinaRihn
Occasional Contributor III

This might sound weird, but how long is your service name at the rest endpoint?   I had a service called ThickenessOfUnconsolidatedMaterialsOverSilurianBedrock that would not draw all the way up and gave me that orange triangle until I republished with the shorter name ThicknessOfMatSilurianBedrock.

Also don't know if the REP service name starts with a number like 2018 (or is even allowed to), but if it does, it might not like that either if it is touchy about naming.

RamonPierce1
New Contributor II

Interesting. My file's original name is "2018_VEF_Grantees_Merge." I'll do a test with a shorter name to see if that helps. Thank you.

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Is it a public service? If so, can you provide the URL? It'd be interesting to see what the network traffic looks like, considering you mentioned performance issues. Since it's a hosted feature service, there should be a few query requests. If one of those requests is taking a long time, could be a data specific problem in that area.

RamonPierce1
New Contributor II

Hi Jonathan. Thanks for your reply. As luck would have it, you indirectly solved my problem. When I went into my feature layer's setting to disable editing to make it public and to post the URL for you, I noticed this section:

So far, after the optimization, my web map and web mapping application have been running smoothly.

ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

I was having the same issue and went looking for ways to optimize the layer and found this which fixed my issue:

0 Kudos