Select to view content in your preferred language

The estimated amount of credits exceeds the amount available for the organization,

08-31-2013 09:14 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
The estimated amount of credits exceeds the amount available for the organization by 7.5%,

I wanted to publish an mxd file that contains only one feature class but I got the message below

�??The estimated amount of credits exceeds the amount available for the organization by 7.5%�?�

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27138[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]27139[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]27140[/ATTACH]

What is the maximum size allowable for publishing through the ArcGIS online?

Thank you

Best

Jamal
----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: mboeringa2010

What is the maximum size allowable for publishing through the ArcGIS online?

What Uses Service Credits?
ArcGIS Online - Service Credits Estimator

Google is your best friend, after me... ;);)

And maybe the user discussion here is of some use, scroll down on that page to see the comments (although some of it may be dated as it is one year old...):

http://spatiallyadjusted.com/2012/06/15/arcgis-online-service-credits-might-not-be-a-good-deal/
0 Kudos
AkosKisreti1
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

The problem here is not the size of your feature class. In your example, you tried to publish a hosted tiled service, which means AGOL generates tiles for faster display. Generating tiles are very expensive (in credits), so it is recommended to use tile services only if you have large amount of data (features and vertices).

Instead of tile services you can use hosted feature services.

There is another way to create and publish tile services. For this you have to create tile packages in ArcGIS for Desktop and upload it to your AGOL account. In this case you don't use AGOL resources to create tiles, but your ArcGIS for Desktop.
To enable this option do the following:
- Go to Customize > ArcMap Options > Sharing
- Check the box next to "Enable ArcGIS Runtime Tools"
- Click OK
- Go to File > Share as > Tile Package
In the Tile Format box you have the opportunity to adjust the minimum scale.

After you uploaded the tile package (tpk) to your AGOL account, go to item properties in My Content and click on Publish.

I hope this could help.

Regards,
Akos
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Jamal432@gmail.com

Hi,

The problem here is not the size of your feature class. In your example, you tried to publish a hosted tiled service, which means AGOL generates tiles for faster display. Generating tiles are very expensive (in credits), so it is recommended to use tile services only if you have large amount of data (features and vertices).

Instead of tile services you can use hosted feature services.

There is another way to create and publish tile services. For this you have to create tile packages in ArcGIS for Desktop and upload it to your AGOL account. In this case you don't use AGOL resources to create tiles, but your ArcGIS for Desktop.
To enable this option do the following:
- Go to Customize > ArcMap Options > Sharing
- Check the box next to "Enable ArcGIS Runtime Tools"
- Click OK
- Go to File > Share as > Tile Package
In the Tile Format box you have the opportunity to adjust the minimum scale.

After you uploaded the tile package (tpk) to your AGOL account, go to item properties in My Content and click on Publish.

I hope this could help.

Regards,
Akos

Many thanks Ákos for the help,

What is weird is that it works with no additional settings. I could add services and publish data with no problem.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27834[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]27835[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]27836[/ATTACH]

Best

Jamal
0 Kudos
AkosKisreti1
Occasional Contributor
Hi Jamal,

Actually, based on your second and third screenshot you are using ArcGIS for Server instead of ArcGIS Online.

Akos
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jamal,

Actually, based on your second and third screenshot you are using ArcGIS for Server instead of ArcGIS Online.

Akos

Sorry Akos about the confusion. I just attached the wrong screenshots

Here you go one integrated example for publishing by ArcGIS Online Successfully.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27841[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]27842[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]27843[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]27844[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]27845[/ATTACH]

The link is

http://bit.ly/1axKsr8

thank you

best

Jamal
0 Kudos
AkosKisreti1
Occasional Contributor
Hi Jamal,

Yes, I can see it now. You did not get an error message because the dataset you created the tiles for was small

If you have a large dataset or a large extent, it requires a lot of credits. For that case I recommend the tile packages that I mentioned earlier.

You can check the credits the tile creation consumed if you click on "View Status" (Its on the right on "My organization" page)

Regards,
Akos
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jamal,

Yes, I can see it now. You did not get an error message because the dataset you created the tiles for was small

If you have a large dataset or a large extent, it requires a lot of credits. For that case I recommend the tile packages that I mentioned earlier.

You can check the credits the tile creation consumed if you click on "View Status" (Its on the right on "My organization" page)

Regards,
Akos

Thank you very much Akos for the prompt answers and useful comments.

I still have 198 credits but unfortunately my trail subscription expires tomorrow.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27849[/ATTACH]

Best

Jamal
0 Kudos