Symbology of grouped features are automatically ungrouped in new map viewer

09-15-2022 07:59 AM
SunitaKhanal
New Contributor III

Hello!

We have different similar features that we have grouped together in symbology to show as one general symbol for all features in the map. It works fine with no issue in classic map viewer but when I bring the same layer to new map viewer, all grouped features are automatically ungrouped in the layer list ( attached image 1) and are shown correctly in Legend List (attached image 2). Has anybody else noticed similar behavior with new map viewer and I am curious if this is a bug in new map viewer. Any suggestion will he highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

SunitaKhanal_3-1663253396801.png SunitaKhanal_1-1663253234572.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Sunita,

I had the exact same issue and posted about it on here. There was not a good reply so it is possible that it's just a bug in the new ArcGIS Online Map Viewer.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online-questions/combine-legend-items-in-arcgis-online/m-p/1199...

0 Kudos
SunitaKhanal
New Contributor III

Hello Adrian, 

Thank you so much for your response and also for the link. Hopefully, someone from Esri will see this bug and respond with a workaround solution because we have many maps with similar symbology properties and I don't want to go back to the classic map viewer. 

0 Kudos