symbology in ArcGIS ONline does not show up in Collector app

03-20-2020 09:03 AM
ShaunDillon1
Occasional Contributor

I have made symbology based on domains from a Layer file in Pro and made ArcGIS online map with that. It shows up correctly in ArcGIS online but when I upload the map to Collector app the layer which just was one simple symbol shows up correctly but the layers where the symbology is based on domain/attributes do not show up. It might be important that the layers do not contain data yet.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Collector does not cooperate with complex symbols.

can you show a snapshot of how your symbols are built

ShaunDillon1
Occasional Contributor

These are not complex at all, and are just copies of what we have been using for years. Unfortunately the person who has done this before has left and I am trying to 'redo' what has been done before. So Im just trying to recreate what has been done and proven doable for years.

So it is just like this:

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

That is certainly not complex.  But by complex I meant multi layered or using more than one field to define symbols.

From what I looks like you have a single field and varied symbols.

Have you tried creating it in Pro and publishing it that way?

0 Kudos
ShaunDillon1
Occasional Contributor

Ah - yes it is simple - just based on one atribute.

I loaded an existing Online map into Pro - Imported symbology from existing lyr files and then uploaded/shared the maps to Online.

But I now see that the Domians are not in the data in Online although there are Domains on the geodatabase that I uploaded to ONline. So I think that is the issue. But how do I get it to keep/import/save the Domains from the geodatabase when creating/uploading the layer - this was done in ONline with the 'Add Item' button - 'From your Computer' and then used the zipped geodatabase.

0 Kudos