Select to view content in your preferred language

Suddenly unable to add layers in MapViewer and Field Maps Designer, in both Chrome and Edge.

a week ago
MillionMap
New Contributor III

When I try to add add layers in MapViewer and Field Maps Designer, both Chrome and Edge crash.  I get a 'STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION'.  This problem is occurring with all current and past projects. 

23 Replies
KikSiops
New Contributor III

we recently upgraded our new system to 11.3 as well, and we received reports from one user as of now that she encountered this issue

0 Kudos
KaraUtter2
New Contributor III

This issue is occurring for me as well in Edge and Chrome but not just with galleries and groups, also when I try to add any data from ArcGIS Online or Living Atlas to the maps I'm working with. This is important to the work I'm doing for my clients so I need to be able to tell them when it will be fixed? I don't want to have to switch platforms to FireFox just to do my work into the future. Can you tell us when this bug/issue will be fixed?

ALEX_ONOJEGHUO
New Contributor

I can't add layers to my web map in ArcGIS Online. Whenever I try, I get the following error code: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION. 

I tried doing this with Google Chrome (Version 126.0.6478.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and Microsoft Edge for Business (Version 126.0.2592.68 (Official Build) (64-bit)).

However, when I tried Firefox, there were no issues.

Can this bug please be resolved by ESRI?

Thank you.

afoundas
New Contributor

Nothing new to add but I am also experiencing this issue (using Chrome, Version 126.0.6478.115). When I try to add layers to my map in AGOL I get the same error code: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION. Using Firefox does indeed work as a temporary band-aid but I am hoping ESRI will resolve this bug ASAP. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
lbrimhall
New Contributor

We are experiencing this issue in AGOL as well (accessing Groups, Gallery, or adding layers to a map) with Chrome Version 126.0.6478.115 and Edge Version 126.0.2592.68, although not for every user in our organization. We haven't been able to pinpoint the difference and have had affected users do all of the regular troubleshooting tips with no luck (reset settings in Chrome, uninstall/reinstall Chrome, restarting everything).

eryildiz
New Contributor II

This is the workaround that we got from Esri Support . We tested and it worked.

1. Open a new Chrome Tab and launch chrome://accessibility.
  2. Disable/uncheck Web accessibility and leave the Accessibility Tab open.
  3. Open a new Tab and try to load Portal and then the Groups Tab.
PSRFA_GIS
New Contributor II

Thank you for trying to find a workaround. Unfortunately, I just tried this in ArcGIS Online with Map Viewer and it did not work.

afoundas
New Contributor

Same here, tried in AGOL with Map Viewer and received the same error message as before. 

0 Kudos
BryanBoutz1
New Contributor III

Thank you for sharing! This did appear to work for me in Edge.

BryanBoutz1_0-1719246635232.png

ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

This does not work, we have tested this workaround extensively and the problem continues to intermittently and randomly occur. 

0 Kudos